EEE Regional Alliance in Tyrol
In early 2017 the regional Startup Tyrol alliance was formed by the key actors in the Tyrolean regional entrepreneurship system. Specifically Startup Tyrol alliance is legally an association.
Its members are the University of Innsbruck, the Medical University of Innsbruck, the Private University for Health Sciences, Medical Informatics and Technology (UMIT), the University of Applied Sciences in Kufstein, Standortagentur Tyrol, and the Management Center Innsbruck (MCI).
The main task of the alliance is to coordinate and support activities of actors in the regional entrepreneurship ecosystem. In the context of the Startup Tirol alliance a startup centre is foreseen for which about 2 million Euro funding (for the next five years) has been attracted from the AWS (Vienna) under its AplusB Scale-Up Program.
The planned activities of the Alliance are:
(1) Focusing on entrepreneurship activities which gives rise to startups with high growth potential
(2) Systematic screening and scouting activities in universities / higher education / upper secondary education institutions
(3) Qualification of entrepreneurs
- Consolidating entrepreneurship education – networking of entrepreneurship educators
- Harmonising entrepreneurship education
- Use of common tool kits (results of EEE)
- Develop a process of teaching and coaching activities / events for startups
(4) Coaching and counselling of nascent entrepreneurs and startups, focus also on the composition of the teams
(5) PR and measures to increase interest in entrepreneurship and starting up a company
(6) Supporting the international orientation of startups
- Embed startup tirol GmbH into an international network of startup centres and incubators
- Develop an exchange program for entrepreneurs and actors in the system
(7) Building structures that support the startups sustainably.